Wednesday, June 15, 2011

What An Amazing Day!

Grant had a great great day yesterday!! In fact it was better than great...it was AMAZING!! This little boy never ceases to amaze me :)

He has been trying to help me feed him by reaching for the fork. Sometimes I would put it in his hand but his tone would get in the way when I would try to help him and he would tighten up. Well yesterday it was the same thing. He was reaching for the fork so I gave it to him and he let me help him put it in his mouth. I helped him two or three times. Then when I put it the fork in his hand the next time he immediately put it in his mouth!!! I was so shocked, surprised and happy!! Then when we sat down for lunch he did it again! He ate his entire dinner with him feeding himself with some help from me! (see video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0A5u3hvDLU)

Then not only did he work on feeding himself but he has also been working hard with a sippy cup. We got him a cup with handles and he has been trying to get ahold of the handles and help himself but again his tone gets in the way and it just gets pulled in tight under his chin. Well yesterday he grabbed the cup with both hands (he's never done that before) and pulled it right to his mouth!! He didn't lift it up to get a drink but getting it to his mouth without assistance is a huge feat in and of itself!! :)

As if that wasn't enough...Matthew, Grant and I went outside and to play. I put Grant in his gait trainer by the garage door and started walking down the driveway to put Matthew's T for T-ball at the end of the driveway. I turned around and Grant Man was half way down the driveway!! Where did this come from? He's never walked in it with his shoes on and here is was trying to follow me. He walked the length of the driveway twice!!! (see video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOPo0-jNFvo)

And in addition to all that he also worked on sitting yesterday! I am now able to bend his legs and cross them so that he is sitting criss cross applesauce. He sat like that and played with his toys in a way that he has never been able to play with them. Usually he has to either reach out extremely far or I have to put the toys beside him. He was loving it!!

He is also working hard on getting an army crawl! He gets in his tummy and gets his hands up (with my help but he's so close to not needing help), he will then either push up on hands and knees or go ahead and push with his feet. Then he will move one arm up but he gets stuck on the other hand once his weight shifts. He is so close. He can get going enough to somewhat bug his brother. I never imagined I would want to hear Matthew say "Grant stop it" But it's a great sound to hear!!

So my Grant Man has made me a proud Momma once again and he has once again made me realize his true strength and determination!!! He continues to amaze me every day and I'm sure this isn't going to stop anytime soon!!

"Your gonna make it
Yea I know you can make it
Cause I will stand by you
I will help you through
When you’ve done all you can do
And you can’t cope
And I will dry your eyes
I will fight your fight
I will hold you tight
And I wont let go"

No comments:

Post a Comment