Tuesday, January 31, 2012

FELDENKRAIS!!

So silly me just realized I haven't updated you all since Grant's first visit with Ms. Ruth. He had a visit last Tuesday and it went amazing! We went to her place and I was kind of nervous about how Grant would react but he didn't miss a beat! She again had him sitting, laying, rolling, crawling, playing on his knees. He had a blast and was SO worn out!

Between last Tuesday and this Monday I saw such big changes in Grant! He's becoming more and more flexible with each visit! When he's on his tummy, he would get one arm up and push and that arm would go back down then he would get the other arm up and same thing over and over. The biggest improvement I saw between the last visits was that he was getting both arms up at the same time!! This is huge for my little man so you can imagine my excitement!






See what I mean? He's got both arms up there but not pushing off of both.







We went back to see Ms. Ruth this past Monday and (for lack of better expressions) OMG!! :) He was doing things in the session I've never seen him do before. She had him stretching with no wincing or crying! And when we got him home he started not only getting both his hands up at the same time but he started pushing off both onto his forearms!!






See how now he is pushing up on both forearms as opposed to just the one? AMAZING, right?







Here is video of my amazing man and working on pushing up on his arms and pushing forward (and then playing of course! It's not all work and no play around here) :) enjoy!

http://youtu.be/2DkxWPbjXkg

So I think it's safe to say that we will definitely be sticking to visiting Ms. Ruth and getting his Feldenkrais method weekly! I don't want to jinx anything but I see a pretty mobile boy by Summer! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment