Sunday, January 8, 2012

Complete Disgust!!

Watching TV tonight at my parents my uncle came across a 60 Minutes program about a child with CP. Of course intrigued by anything having to do with CP I became glued to the TV. But what I watched had me livid!! Before I go on take a look at the article about it (warning it's lengthy!)

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-18560_162-57354695/stem-cell-fraud-a-60-minutes-investigation/

It's times like these that I wish we could do like Matthew and I pretend and "Blue-sca-do" right into the TV! (if you've watched Blue's Clues you know what I'm talking about) I would love to punch so claimed "Dr. Ecklund" in his creepy face!! And to hear that this is not the first case of this happening just makes matter worse. How can people take advantage of others like that! Take advantage of parents wanting to do anything, ANYTHING in their power to help "cure" their child of whatever diseases he "claimed" to cure. Just pay $5,000 and you will get stem cells that will cure CP. What did they get? Dead and disintegrated stem cells that would do far more harm than good. UGH!!!!!!

Please note...by writing this post I'm not by any means belittling or taking away from stem cell research! In fact I truly believe that stem cells can help fix people with disabilities. I have a friend who is trying to raise money for her son to be in a stem cell research study and I am so excited for her and her son, Paz! I hope they can get in and I hope that it does amazing things for him!! (If you would like to take a look at Paz's journey and help him reach his goal please visit his website http://pazfelix.com/)

No comments:

Post a Comment