Monday, April 25, 2011

ABM: Day 1

Well Day 1 would prove to be somewhat successful even through the tears and crying! No sooner than Grant saw Chad (ABM Practitioner) he started whimpering. Then when he laid Grant down on the table the fun was over!! :(

Session 1: Grant cried the whole time...yes the full hour!! BUT...he wasn't resisting movement. He was actually working really good with Chad. Grant was letting Chad move him all over the place! He had him rolling from back to tummy and tummy to back by just barely holding the back of his pants. I was pretty impressed. Chad had asked if I thought his crying was fear or manipulation. We both agreed it was a little bit of both. When the hour was up he had me grab Grant. As soon as I picked him up he immediately stopped crying looked at Chad and smiled the biggest smile as if to say "Ha I got my mom!" Chad said he thinks it's manipulation :)

Session 2: Same ole, same ole...he cried the entire hour. This time he tried something with Grant. He would try to tell him that he had to be quiet so mom would stay in the room with him. When Grant got loud he made me leave the room until Grant quieted down. Needless to say I spent a lot of the hour and 15 minutes watching through the window but I think he was starting to get the hang of things! This time he not only worked hard on rolling over which Grant has almost got all on his own already but he was working on crawling. Grant is becoming an expert at getting his hands up in front of him when he gets on his belly!

So like I said I feel like today was pretty successful! I can't wait to see what the next two days bring...hopefully less tears!! :)

1 comment: