Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Our Trip To St. Charles!

We made a 4 hour drive yesterday with the Grant Man to attend a free children's clinic to see what this ABM is all about. The guy took an hour with us to work with Grant and talk to us about ABM. Grant only lasted 45 min (he was exhausted) but in just that 45 min I saw Grant's body move in ways I've never seen it move before! He had Grant's legs twisting and moving in all directions very freely and fluidly. He had Grant's upper body twisting to see an object! I was amazed!! Needless to say this is most definitely something we are going to be doing!

The man told us that he started seeing an 18 month old that could not roll, sit, crawl, stand or walk. He had not been diagnosed with anything. After a year of treating the boy for 5 days once a month he was walking!!!! Amazing, right! I could go on and on with the stories he told me. When I asked him what the percentage of success is he said they don't base it on a success rate...if the brain is able to learn then the kid will do it! Then he went on to talk about how smart Grant is and how he knows Grant will learn great things from this!

So on my drive home I was filled with emotion and as I sit and type this I have tears streaming down my face! I've always known deep down that he will walk. It may be with assistance, it may not be the prettiest thing and he may no be able to go long distances but my boy will do it...eventually. Now all I can think is how possible it is that in a year or less my baby boy might be walking! WALKING!! Not only that but we will get to see him sit for the first time and watch him learn to crawl which he so wants to do!! Amazing!! I can't even put into words how filled with emotion I am. Maybe my boys will both be playing in the yard next summer! Or wrestling around in the living room. Or maybe in about 3-4 years I will get to see Grant play t-ball for the first time! It's funny all the little things you take for granted when they come so naturally and easily. When we had Matthew I never imagined that I would ever wait so long to see results from my 2nd child. Now here I sit with a new found hope and new found inspiration! Through faith and lots of prayers not only from us but from all of you my boy has been given an amazing opportunity! Through Him all things are possible!

"Therefore, since we are justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ. through him we have obtained access to this grace in which we stand, and we rejoice in our hope of sharing the glory of God. More than that, we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance, and endurance produces character, and character produces hope, and hope does not disappoint us because God's love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit which has been given to us." Romans 5:1-5

No comments:

Post a Comment