Tuesday, March 29, 2011

ABM

A few months back I joined an online support group and I am so thankful I did. One of the mom's on there suggested something about ABM and how it has been working great for her child.

ABM, I thought! What is this and how can it help my child? I was intrigued so I started yahoo-ing like crazy! I wanted to find anything and everything I could about ABM. I found out that it stands for Anat Baniel Method. Anat Baniel is a women who developed this method that uses gentle, innovative techniques to help the brain of the special needs child form new neural connections and patterns that take the child beyond their current limitations. While it is a process, the changes begin happening right away and are often quite dramatic. While she is based in California I knew that I had to look for someone close by that does this method. I found someone...in St. Charles!

I started watching any and all videos about ABM and how it has helped children with all disabilities. I found myself crying watching how miraculously these children learned to walk! I knew this is what I had to do for Grant. I contacted the practitioner in St. Charles (which is just outside of St. Louis which is about a 3-4 hour drive from here). He answered any and all of my questions and told me about a free clinic he was offering on March 26th. So of course we decided we were going to do it! I figured what can it hurt!

I am going to share the link with you to the information about ABM and I hope that you take the time to watch some videos! It's truly amazing to watch a miracle! I hope you all have a blessed day! :)

http://www.anatbanielmethod.com/cerebral-palsy-treatment.htm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rm3D1-Q4E34
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0S1cGOcmAYE

No comments:

Post a Comment