Thursday, April 4, 2013

Completely Amazed!!

I have to start by saying that I have to have the best family and friends in the world! I am completely in awe at the generosity of everyone that has put a donation towards Grant's device.

Yesterday was the longest day of my life. We were waiting to hear news from the Cerner First Hands Foundation as to whether or not they were going to help with Grant's device. Finally at 4:30pm we got good news. They were going to contribute $10,000 towards the device!! I will be honest that at first I was a little heartbroken just because I'm so sick of my baby having to suffer and wait on EVERYTHING because no matter what it is when it comes to children with special needs everything is ridiculously outrageous. But then I was so relieved!! $10,000!! That put us so much closer to our goal.

So then my brain started turning and hasn't stopped. I posted the link to Grant's donation page with how much we have left to get and I was completely blown away. Just in a couple short hours last night we had already been given so much it was overwhelming. I put the boys to bed and went down to finish getting dinner ready for Ryan and I and as soon my feet hit the kitchen I burst into tears. I was filled with so much emotion!

Then this morning when I woke up and checked (expecting to find no change in the amount since it was 11pm when I last checked) I was astonished again to find that we had reached nearly half our goal in less than 12 hours!

I am absolutely blown away by the support Grant has received from people he's never even met! I want to thank everyone from the bottom of my heart! I am completely humbled.

No comments:

Post a Comment